PDA

View Full Version : Learn-mode not working mal-cal

Thething301
17th-September-2017, 08:48 AM
Hi,

i have a 1988 Supra with a 7mgte, i have plug the mapecu3 in intercept mode, i am trying to activate de learn mode, but it will not save the option.

the configuration are as follow

mode = KVF Intercept, KVF Y-axis
pressure configuration sensor = -24 to +24psi
igniter = 6 cylinder distributor

tps =tps
o2 = o2
analog input 1 = WB
switch output 1 =IGF
switch output 2 = RPM switch

all the data seems ok, but when i enable the learn mode and press the ok button, i see that mal-cal is writing to the ECu but if i reopen the configuration window the learn mode is no more enable.

can someone help me

tanks

Gaetan

MAP-ECU Man
18th-September-2017, 12:25 PM
Hi Gaetan, learn mode does not work in Intercept mode, it is only designed to work in Eliminate mode. Learn mode was designed to learn an existing MAF sensor signal pattern and store that data in the fuel table. There is nothing MAPECU3 can learn from in Intercept mode. We don't use it very much these days as we have a large library of base tables.

Can you please provide some details on your modifications and why you are using Intercept mode?

Thething301
19th-September-2017, 02:51 AM
Hi map-ecu,

i just install it on my car, was reading the manual and trying everything out.

7mgte, 550 injectors, ct26 15psi, 3 inch exaust.

I have a question, in the eliminate mode you remove the MAF, so what input mapecu3 will use to store data in the fuel table 02, WB ?

Gaétan

MAP-ECU Man
19th-September-2017, 03:01 PM
When you use Eliminate mode and enable Learn mode, you still keep the MAF in the vehicle. The MAPECU3 learns from the MAF sensor. To be honest, there is no need to use learn mode with your vehicle. We have good 7MGTE base tables on our website that are much better than anything you will get from learn mode. Use one of the 7MGTE 550cc base tables and wire as per the MAF Eliminate wiring diagram.

Thething301
19th-September-2017, 04:06 PM
ok i will try with a base map.

tanks