PDA

View Full Version : I need the ORIGINAL MAP CAL Software

genyosai
2nd-August-2008, 11:06 AM
I use MAP ECU 2, now, but I have one of the first MAP ECU units (v1/1.1) and can't find the original map cal software CD for it. the only Map Cal software available for download on this site is map cal software versions 2.2/2.3 for Map ECU v1.2 and MAP CAL software versions 3/3.1 for MAP ECU v2.

I need the software for MAP ECU v1/1.1, for I think that MAP CAL software v2.2/2.3 is incompatible with the VERY FIRST MAP ECU.

HELP!

MAP-ECU Man
2nd-August-2008, 12:00 PM
If you send us an email at info@mapecu.com we can send you a copy of 2.1.1.7 which will work with your original MAP-ECU. Alternatively we can provide a firmware upgrade for your MAP-ECU so you can use V2.3.

jtamulis
30th-May-2010, 08:39 AM
I also need a copy of the orginal firmware for the very first version MAP-ECU

I have a friend who has like the 15th one in the US and my version of the MAP-CAl software doesn't work with it.

I'd also like the info on how to flash the firmware, etc.

I have a newer MAP-ECU, and my software talks to mine, but I'm trying to help get a friend set back up to tune.

I need to pull his tune off his MAP-ECU, and then we'll update it from there, etc.

Jeff
jtamulis@hotmail.com

MAP-ECU Man
30th-May-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Jeff,

We have emailed you V2.1.1.7 as a ZIP file and the upgrade instrictions. If you did not receive them, please check you Spam folder as they can be seen as programs and therefore possible Spam.

jtamulis
31st-May-2010, 08:39 AM
I didn't see it even in my spam folder. Also sending this via email.

Can you change the extension to .jjt and I'll change it BACK to .ZIP and then extract it. That should bypass the SPAM filters, hopefully.

my email addresses you can use:
jtamulis@gmail.com
jtamulis@hotmail.com
elfin_healer@yahoo.com

Thanks again for all the help, you guys rock!

Jeff

MAP-ECU Man
31st-May-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Jeff,

Did you get it in your hotmail email account? It did not appear to bounce.

fatdarryl
15th-February-2011, 01:38 AM
Hi all, I also need a copy of the original map-cal software for an older map-ECU, If I could get a zip that would be amazing! Have sent an email also, as above. Many thanks

Tim

MAP-ECU Man
16th-February-2011, 12:09 AM
We have sent a copy by email, please confirm receipt as some anti-spam filters block executables.

Javaman
28th-June-2011, 08:04 PM
Can you also send original map-cal software to this addresses:
tingardz@yahoo.com
inting@gmail.com

Thanks.

MAP-ECU Man
28th-June-2011, 09:38 PM
According to your other post you have a late version MAP-ECU which will not work with the old version of MAP-CAL. Are you sure you need the old release?

ttbwoodz
25th-March-2012, 04:06 PM
Can you also send original map-cal software to this addresses:
jdm993@hotmail.com

My ecu says sn:010071 and the new doesnt want to work for me.

MAP-ECU Man
25th-March-2012, 10:50 PM
We have emailed the ZIP file so if you do not receive it, check you SPAM folder.

bodydragger
11th-April-2012, 05:51 AM
Can you send me a copy of the software also?

marcinko25@gmail.com

Thanks

MAP-ECU Man
11th-April-2012, 07:48 PM
I have emailed the file. Please let me know if it does not arrive as it may have been blocked.

MAP-ECU Man
11th-April-2012, 07:59 PM
Update: gmail rejected the attachment. Do you have another email account?

bodydragger
12th-April-2012, 04:39 AM
Update: gmail rejected the attachment. Do you have another email account?

marcinkojason@yahoo.com

Thanks for the help MAP-ECU Man

MAP-ECU Man
12th-April-2012, 11:16 PM
Sent it again.

95jza80tt
15th-July-2012, 10:11 AM
I bought a used map-ecu s/n000121 I have been trying to upload the base map so I can start the car up but for the life of me it will not load. I keep getting run time error 28 out of stack space and then the software crashes this is with both a usb-serial cable and with a standard serial cable and I have been trying this with 3 different laptops of varying configuration and age. I have been trying this with map-cal 2.3 Do you think I need to try using an older version of the software?

MAP-ECU Man
15th-July-2012, 06:01 PM
That serial number is very old so it might be V2.1. I have sent you an email with the ZIP file attached. Hopefully it gets through your spam filter.

95jza80tt
16th-July-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I got it.. Thank you so very much for the fast response. Is there a way to reflash the firmware on the map-ecu to make it compatible with map-cal2.3? Is it even worth the effort?

MAP-ECU Man
16th-July-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, you can can reflash the old units up to the latest firmware. I think the biggest advantage is access to the more base tables. There are instructions available on the forum. If you have a PC with a real serial port and think you can reflash based on the instructions then provide the serial number and we can create the new firmware for your unit.

95jza80tt
16th-July-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes, you can can reflash the old units up to the latest firmware. I think the biggest advantage is access to the more base tables. There are instructions available on the forum. If you have a PC with a real serial port and think you can reflash based on the instructions then provide the serial number and we can create the new firmware for your unit.

That is some great news and I appreciate the support that you have been offering me thus far. I guess it does make more sense for me to just reflash the map-ecu that I have currently so that I will have a wider range of base maps and compatibility, not to mention a easier user interface. I was trying to decrease any burden you have taken on by helping me and tried to do the research I found the links to the programs on the forums here: http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/forum/showthread.php?t=1169&highlight=firmware+upgrade

I was trying to find the install instruction PDF that you have loaded as well, but every single time I try to open the PDF it says that the file is corrupted. I have checked a few of the posts that you have put up with those instructions, but every one of them will not open. If you can please email or repost on the forums the instructions. the serial# on the sticker on the back of my unit is S/N:000121

I apologize if I am pestering you but I truly do appreciate the great service that you give me and the rest of the fellows on this forum. You do a great job.

Thank You
Brian

MAP-ECU Man
16th-July-2012, 09:03 PM
Here is the PDF again. If you think you can upgrade it, I can email you the firmware.

95jza80tt
16th-July-2012, 09:50 PM
Here is the PDF again. If you think you can upgrade it, I can email you the firmware.

S/N:000121

Please email me the firmware
douro_oni@yahoo.com

MAP-ECU Man
16th-July-2012, 11:33 PM
Done. I hope this works out OK.

95jza80tt
19th-July-2012, 06:48 PM
I have dled the files into a folder on my desktop, jumped the pins, connected to my serial port and made sure it was com1 in device manager on my laptop, powered up the unit and I go to double click on the batch file and a cmd window quickly opens and closes right away. Nothing else happens. It fails to update the firmware. It is still on V2.1. Am I missing something? The batch file reads. dwnld205.EXE 000121.HEX /r:0000 /f:12

MAP-ECU Man
19th-July-2012, 09:22 PM
You should open a command window first and run the batch file from the command window. If there is an error, you will be able to see it on the screen.

I assume COM1 is a real COM port not a USB to serial adaptor?

95jza80tt
20th-July-2012, 03:11 AM
it is a real com/serial port. I will give that a shot.

95jza80tt
20th-July-2012, 01:49 PM
I gave it a shot and dwnld205.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Is it possible for you to email me the dwnld205.exe file?

MAP-ECU Man
20th-July-2012, 06:12 PM
It sounds like you have not downloaded dwnld205.exe from the forum and copied it to the same folder as the batch file and firmware. The batch file executes dwnld205.exe to upgrade the firmware so you need to have all 3 in the same folder.

95jza80tt
20th-July-2012, 06:24 PM
I certainly do have all three in the same folder.

MAP-ECU Man
20th-July-2012, 10:04 PM
Strange, here is the file. I cannot email it because most email programs will think it is spam. You could try running the program without the batch file and make sure you get an error because the arguments are missing.

95jza80tt
21st-July-2012, 06:53 PM
This file seems to work when I tested it as opposed to the other file that I downloaded previously. Perhaps there is a shelf life to the files uploaded to the forums here, just like when I tired to DL the pdf file of the instructions on how to update, it did not work out either.

95jza80tt
22nd-July-2012, 07:57 PM
Update worked perfectly after you re-uped the program on the forum.. Thank you so much.