Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US 2jzGTE Car will not start!please help asap!

and to clarify yes I ment BROWN wire on the 16 way NOT 18 way sorry about that

Yes, exactly right. Someone has done it before obviously and joined it back up to run from the OEM MAF. Make sure you insulate those exposed wires as they could short out and cause lots of problems.
    MAP-ECU Support

I have a few more questions that hopefully you can address

1. I have a AEM UEGO wideband http://www.mapecu.co.nz/forum/showth...m-30-4100-Uego this diagram has me confused do I need to wire it up to the yellow wire or to the orange wire that wasn't connected to anything on my PnP harness( remember I still have my factory O2 sensor plugged in still)

2. I do not have the sensor that goes on the clutch to tell the ecu when the clutch petal is pressed in and when its it not,is that going to be a problem for launch control?

3. When I go into ECU configurations in the mapecu2 ,do I need to select maf intercept instead of leaving it on maf elimination since I still will have my factory MAF plugged in?

4. Is there anything I need to set up in the MAPECU2 ECU configuration ,there are ALOT of tabs...

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Yes, exactly right. Someone has done it before obviously and joined it back up to run from the OEM MAF. Make sure you insulate those exposed wires as they could short out and cause lots of problems.
    Ive given this piggy back a few tries over the course of the few years Ive owned it . Every time I couldn't figure it out so back in the box it went ,until now when I'm ready to get it running on this piggy back so I can get some what of a tune by my local tuner.It still is a brand new unit ,it just sat in the box lol Ill get some heat shrink on those loose ends

Quote Originally Posted by supramkiv93.5 View Post
    I have a few more questions that hopefully you can address

1. I have a AEM UEGO wideband http://www.mapecu.co.nz/forum/showth...m-30-4100-Uego this diagram has me confused do I need to wire it up to the yellow wire or to the orange wire that wasn't connected to anything on my PnP harness( remember I still have my factory O2 sensor plugged in still).

2. I do not have the sensor that goes on the clutch to tell the ecu when the clutch petal is pressed in and when its it not,is that going to be a problem for launch control?

3. When I go into ECU configurations in the mapecu2 ,do I need to select maf intercept instead of leaving it on maf elimination since I still will have my factory MAF plugged in?

4. Is there anything I need to set up in the MAPECU2 ECU configuration ,there are ALOT of tabs...
    1. Since you have a wideband I would connect your wideband to the MAPECU2 Yellow wire. It is pointless connecting the yellow O2 input wire to the OEM O2 sensor (as it is by default on the PnP harness) unless you are using O2 Adjust, which you do not need. You have an OBD1 ECU so I recommend you disconnect the OEM O2 sensors anyway.
    2. You are going to need some kind of switch to enable launch control. It does not have to be on the clutch, it can be on the dash. We fitted a clutch switch for our LC using a home burglar alarm magnetic reed switch.
    3. No, the base table you have loaded is a MAF Eliminate base table so it will not work in MAF Intercept mode. Your MAF is only providing it's IAT sensor. For all intents and purposes, you do not have a MAF sensor anymore. Remember, you have cut the B66 wire, which is the MAF signal from the MAF sensor.
    4. The base table should have setup everything you need for a basic setup. Lets worry about the other settings when you get the engine running and responding to realtime tuning. I believe in keeping it simple so one step at a time.

BTW, have you read the MAPECU2 and MAPCAL2 PDF manuals? We seem to be covering some stuff that is in the manuals and they explain all the fields.
    Last edited by MAP-ECU Man; 27th-October-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    MAP-ECU Support

So after all that the car still just turns over...

Well I think I found the problem...
    Is this why when i turn the car over No RPM's register on the MAPECU2's tach?

Does that look like a burn mark to you? right below the "C" in the word MAP-ECU2

If this is the cause ,whats the next step ?
    Last edited by supramkiv93.5; 28th-October-2013 at 05:09 AM.

It is some kind of mark but there is nothing really there that could have burned. It is empty space. The fact you don't have RPM's registering on the MAPCAL tach is very telling though, and a major problem. It did concern me you that you had lots of problems with a simple install with PnP harness that has been done thousands of times before. It does make me wonder if the unit is faulty and perhaps the ignition signals are not getting through. Virtually the whole left had side of the PCB is dedicated to the ignition channels in case you can see any other burn marks.

BTW, I think I saw something about you wanting to keep your MAF and not understanding why I was advising you to use MAF Eliminate mode. I am really sorry if you put you wrong, I thought you were only keeping your MAF to use it for the IAT. In order to keep the MAF permanently, and run MAF Intercept this is what you do:
    1. Connect the MAPECU2 Orange MAF Input wire from the 16-Way harness (not the 18-way) to the B66 wire you cut free, i.e. the wire from the MAF sensor signal that is going nowhere after you cut it previously.
    2. Start MAPCAL2
    3. Load the 2JZGTE550cc base table.
    4. Go into ECU Configuration.
    5. Change Mode to "MAF Intercept, MAP Y-Axis"
    6. Make sure Ignition configuration is "6 Cylinder, Coil on Plug"
    7. MAF Input and MAF Output should have defaulted to "MAF" and be greyed out.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Go to the Fuel table in Table mode.
    10. Select the whole table using you mouse so all zones are blue.
    11. Type in 000, this should change the whole table to 0.00.
    12. Connect the serial cable to your MAPECU2 and power it up.
    13. Click Connect, then Yes to Update the MAPECU2. You want to write this whole configuration to the MAPECU2.
    14. When complete, click the Reload button and check the settings above are still there and the whole fuel table is a flat 0.00.

The above will make the MAPECU transparent to the OEM ECU, i.e. it is not modifying the fuel signal and should run the same as if you have unplugged the whole MAPECU2 and PnP harness.

If you think you unit is definitely faulty then you can return it to PHR for testing (they have a test rig) or return it to us for repair. There is a standard US$100 plug freight repair charge.
    MAP-ECU Support

that's the only spot that has mark's I can't see any other burn marks but that one spot

I might just send it to you guys to see if you guys can repair it because I don't want to plug it in and run around on the factory ecu tables. I bought it to tune a car not to have it just hooked up and running regularly like it wasn't even there :/

I think you misunderstood what I meant. When you have it running in MAF Intercept mode with the tables zero'ed out, you can then start tuning to your heart's content. You are not limited, it is just a basic starting point.

Happy to look at the unit but you need to ship it to us in NZ. Send us an email with your unit's serial number to info@mapecu.com and we will get back to you with the address to send it. Only send the unit, no harnesses. Make it clear on the customs declaration it is faulty and value it at $100.
    MAP-ECU Support