Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice requested: MAPECU3 on Audi 1.8T AEB E85

Could not make a log safely. I need to re-solder the TPS input wire. Not stable.
    However, it held 9.0-9.5 psi steady peak tapering to 8.0 at WOT in 5th gear. With the old N75 it did not get past 6psi steady.
    It has become quite snappy on the throttle.

So cool.

We posted a link to the forum on our Facebook page. Feel free to add to it: https://www.facebook.com/performancemotorresearch
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    We posted a link to the forum on our Facebook page. Feel free to add to it: https://www.facebook.com/performancemotorresearch
    Actually, the fuel is getting dialed in quite alright, but there is still something strange happening at part throttle where it is about to go into boost. The fluctuating boost is still there. I am starting to narrow it down to the TPS (signal). I do not need the TPS signal for the MAP ECU, but I do T in.
    The boost fluctuation at WOT is gone, but not at 50-60% throttle. I will remove the TPS tap and see what happens. It could be that the stock ECU does not get a strong enough signal.

The MAPECU3 TPS input is a very light load, I cannot see it loading your TPS at all. The TPS sensor is usually just a variable resistor so they wear out and get noisy. Yours might need replacement.
    MAP-ECU Support

The MAPECU3 TPS input is a very light load, I cannot see it loading your TPS at all. The TPS sensor is usually just a variable resistor so they wear out and get noisy. Yours might need replacement.
    You are right. It is not the TPS.

However, I still don't understand what is happening. In the log file 201504131, from time mark 10.0s to 13.0 I have this weird MAF signal oscillation, resulting in a O2 oscillation. As you can see, TPS is at about 50% there and fairly steady. Boost is NOT oscillating. Further on, you can see a WOT run with no oscillation.

Also, for some reason, MAPCAL will not open the log file 201504133.

Any ideas?
    See files attached. Please note I have made some very slight adjustments to my table since the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the files. We looked at the log files and concentrated on the inputs, which are PSI and RPM. Both PSI and RPM show the same oscillations you described. We believe they are driving the output oscillations. To our eye, it looks like the PSI oscillations preempt the output fluctuations. If you look at PSI between time index 10.2s and 11.5, PSI samples are: 3.2, 2.5, 2.8, 3.5, 3.1, 3.0, 4.2, 2.9, 3.0, 3.7, 4.4, 3.5, 4.6 & 3.3. Can you see what we are talking about? Do you think the vacuum line to the MAPECU3 MAP sensor is leaking or ballooning?

We can open log 201504133. What error message do you receive?
    MAP-ECU Support

Thanks for the files. We looked at the log files and concentrated on the inputs, which are PSI and RPM. Both PSI and RPM show the same oscillations you described. We believe they are driving the output oscillations. To our eye, it looks like the PSI oscillations preempt the output fluctuations. If you look at PSI between time index 10.2s and 11.5, PSI samples are: 3.2, 2.5, 2.8, 3.5, 3.1, 3.0, 4.2, 2.9, 3.0, 3.7, 4.4, 3.5, 4.6 & 3.3. Can you see what we are talking about? Do you think the vacuum line to the MAPECU3 MAP sensor is leaking or ballooning?

We can open log 201504133. What error message do you receive?
    I see the oscillations in PSI, but the RPM line (red) looks steady to me. I am not sure if the line is leaking or ballooning. It is possible I guess. I had the line Teed into the line from IM to FPR before, but changed that to the line going to the bypass valve. The line is extended now with rubber hose. I will try to switch it back to see if that makes any difference. I thought that these flustations in MAP signal was normal due to the harmonics in the IM.

I do not get any error message when trying to open 201504133. I opens 201504131 instead. 201504133 is a 4th gear pull with slowly increasing TPS.

I have attached a picture of my engine bay with the vacuum line hose. The extension is good stiff rubber. Inside diameter is approx 1.5mm.
    Also checked the connection to the sensor in the MAPECU. Looks and feels fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=ChrisAudi80;13948]I see the oscillations in PSI, but the RPM line (red) looks steady to me. I am not sure if the line is leaking or ballooning. It is possible I guess. I had the line Teed into the line from IM to FPR before, but changed that to the line going to the bypass valve. The line is extended now with rubber hose. I will try to switch it back to see if that makes any difference. I thought that these flustations in MAP signal was normal due to the harmonics in the IM.

That is the problem with sharing another vacuum line. You don't want to do that. You should have a perfectly steady PSI reading as that makes more difference to the output than RPM. Fluctuating MAP signal due to IM harmonics is bad, bad, bad.....
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAudi80 View Post
    I have attached a picture of my engine bay with the vacuum line hose. The extension is good stiff rubber. Inside diameter is approx 1.5mm.
    Also checked the connection to the sensor in the MAPECU. Looks and feels fine.

Have you got a section of vacuum line locking the hose on the MAP sensor nipple?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MAP-ECU Support