Thread: mr2 turbo rev 1 to rev3 diagram search

Default mr2 turbo rev 1 to rev3 diagram search

Hi
    i have map ecu(first one) a rev1 mr2 tubby which uses an AFM and i am going to convert it to a rev 3 which uses a map sensor.I saw this thread
    http://www.mapecu.co.nz/forum/showth...4-99-3SGTE-ECU

which tells him to us wiring diagram and map for a celica st205 and thought great, I won't have to buy a map sensor. But couldn't find the diagram or map for a st205.

Is there anyone who can shed some info on this please. I did ask map-ecu directly but the answer was yes do what it says but still didn't point me to the direction of the wiring diagram or map so in the same boat still.

thanks
    sie

so you are changing harness and ecu? instead of cutting the afm wire on your old harness you would probably just cut the map sensor wire on your new harness for the map sensor ecu. just lookup what pin the map sensor is on and wire the map ecu to that pin using the mapecu 5v output wire (for map sensor).

Thanks SC3. Sorry Simon, I see what you mean. We haven't actually got a gen1 MAPECU wiring diagram up for a ST205. The important thing to remember is that the wiring and base table is determined by the OEM ecu you are using. If you have a SW20 gen3 OEM ecu programmed for a MAP sensor then you must use the ST205 base tabLe. The MAP sensor wire is actaully tha same wire as the air flow meter wire of the gen1 SW20 ECU. http://mapecu.co.nz/PMR/wp-content/u...TE-MAP-ECU.pdf.
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ali SC3 View Post
    so you are changing harness and ecu? instead of cutting the afm wire on your old harness you would probably just cut the map sensor wire on your new harness for the map sensor ecu. just lookup what pin the map sensor is on and wire the map ecu to that pin using the mapecu 5v output wire (for map sensor).
    sorry for late replies, no i am repinning the ecu wires to match the later ecu which is a proven technique with this conversion. Basically i am just trying to save money as you have to buy the later map sensor for the conversion. But being as the map ecu as its own map sensor i was trying to find out if i could just use that instead, which is what mentioned was said in the other thread i listed from the other user.

thanks for the info,much appreciated.
    sie

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Thanks SC3. Sorry Simon, I see what you mean. We haven't actually got a gen1 MAPECU wiring diagram up for a ST205. The important thing to remember is that the wiring and base table is determined by the OEM ecu you are using. If you have a SW20 gen3 OEM ecu programmed for a MAP sensor then you must use the ST205 base tabLe. The MAP sensor wire is actaully tha same wire as the air flow meter wire of the gen1 SW20 ECU. http://mapecu.co.nz/PMR/wp-content/u...TE-MAP-ECU.pdf.
    I did find the st205 map after posting my querry, i must not of been lookin properly,sorry.
    My ecu is a gen3 mr2 which is the same as a st205 ecu hence my interest in the other topic. I could only find the diagram for map ecu2 for this ecu(as in your link)
    So, as long as i use the same pin wires(not location) will all be ok?

sorry for the dumb question, I did understand what the relevance of the wires were when first decided to do this years ago but things got in the way . supppose i should stop being lazy and start reading again.was just trying to get a quick answer before spending out on a map sensor which may not be needed?

sie

PS suppose what i am actually asking, does the mapecu take out/bypass the original map sensor of map based vehicles to use it own sensor?
    Last edited by simon; 2nd-December-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Yes, the MAPECU replaces the original MAP sensor. The green wire is the output that replaces the OEM MAP sensor.
    MAP-ECU Support

ok, thats great.
    thanks