Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: iPad Mini

OK, now I got AFR reading in iPAD and MAP-CAL, so that's fine,
    but I still have problems with WIFI connection, it is of and on.
    If I restart the program in iPAD it reconnects again some times.

Sorry about the delayed response. Good to hear you have AFR now!

Regarding the WiFi connection, is it possible to observe the 4 LED's on the MAPECU3 between the 3-way and 18-way connectors to see if anything changes when you get a disconnect and also the LED's on the WiFi module in the MAPECU3? I know it could be difficult with the MAPECU3 mounted in the car but it is hard to diagnose without some kind of error codes.
    MAP-ECU Support

Sorry about the delayed response, it's been working off and on, late mostly on, but today it did not want to be connected and I checked the LED indicators, the 4 one's only the first did shine but on the other side with the 2 one's the connection status indicator did flash, the rest of them was without light.

Thanks but that doesn't really provide a reason for the problem. What is the serial number of your MAPECU3? The reason I ask is that the early ones had surface mounted pins that plug into the wifi module and the solder can fracture if the module moves. That could lead to a intermittent connection.
    MAP-ECU Support

Hi again, the SN: 30810.

That is a late model with through hole headers for the WiFi module so I don't think that is the problem. If possible, remove the side plate with the antenna (unscrew the nut holding the antenna connector and the 4 screws) and check the WiFi module is settled properly. There should be a block of rigid foam on top of the module pressing it on to the PCB header pins.
    MAP-ECU Support

Yes I opened the box and there was a gap inbetween the module and the board, the foam wasn't thick enough to press it down, I inserted one 1mm plastic distance for pressure.
    testrun worked fine

Great, perhaps the foam collapsed over time. Keep us posted.....
    MAP-ECU Support