Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPad Mini

Sorry about the delay responding. It is strange as we retested an iPad Mini running iOS 10.2 and it worked fine. What model iPad Mini do you have? I think we have iOS 10.3 now, have you upgraded yet or are you still on 10.2?
    The iMAPCAL App question was just the version as the App was updated a while ago to support V3.5. You can easily tell if you have the latest version if there are extra gauges available for EGT, Ethanol %, etc.
    MAP-ECU Support

I have uppgraded to iOS10.3 in my iPad mini 4, and there is Ethanol % gauges to display,
    it reads for a while and then goes of line, if I disconect in the menu and reconect, it's a live for some seconds.

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to observe the LED's between the 3-way and 18-way connectors to see if there is a flash or change before it disconnects? There are also some LED's on the WiFi board which might change state to give us a clue as to what is going wrong.
    MAP-ECU Support

Here is the latest update, iPad stays online with MAPECU during testdrive yesterday, items that have been changed:
    OEM O2 sensor disconected, no warning light
    MAP CAL config O2 I/O changed from O2 to WB
    OEM ECU reseted by fuse.
    Thanks for support.

Interesting. I can't see how any of that would have fixed the problem, but if it doesn't disconnect anymore, that is great! The reason I asked about the LED's is that I was wondering if you had an intermittent +12V feed to the MAPECU3 so it was resetting. That would drop the WiFi connection. Are all your connections soldered or do you have any of those "vampire" style crimps?
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Interesting. I can't see how any of that would have fixed the problem, but if it doesn't disconnect anymore, that is great! The reason I asked about the LED's is that I was wondering if you had an intermittent +12V feed to the MAPECU3 so it was resetting. That would drop the WiFi connection. Are all your connections soldered or do you have any of those "vampire" style crimps?
    All connections are soldered, and I have a wire connecting earth together between OEM ECU and MAPECU chassis.

Soldered is good, thanks. Sorry, I am a bit confused about the earth wiring and mentioning the chassis? The recommended practice is to connect the two MAPECU3 16-way black wires to the OEM ECU ground wire. We do not recommend connecting the black wires to the vehicle chassis. You may have done that but I thought I would clarify it. Thanks.
    MAP-ECU Support

Hi, her's a pic from my connections.
    MAPECU3 wire_0001.jpg

Thanks. So have you connected the MAPECU3 case to the chassis but the black wires go to the OEM ECU harness? It is not necessary but it is OK.
    MAP-ECU Support

Last update is that I disconnected my LC-2 analog 1 yellow from OEM ECU because I don't want it to change my tuning, due to that i have OBD1.
    My iMAP-CAL is not reading AFR, it's stuk on rich and if i look in the logging of iMAP-CAL AFR is always 7.3?