Thread: TPS Sample

1. Default TPS Sample

When I tried to sample the TPS in the configuration area, it changed the current setting to 0. It did not actually sample anything. Am I doing something wrong?

How i did it:

I clicked on the box next to TPS Idle and then pressed the"s" key. Then did the same for TPS max.

-TPS Idle: (With my foot off of the Gas pedal , hit "s" key to sample)

-TPS Max: (With the gas pedal floored , I hit the "s" key to sample)

Both areas it just ended up being 0.

That is the correct process. So you have the ignition "ON" but the engine not running I assume? The sample key is different on a MAPECU2/3 so I assume you have a MAPECU1?
    MAP-ECU Support

3. Default

Yes, key "on" with engine off.

I'll try again this weekend and report back. Maybe I just screwed up some how.

Just triple checking that this is a MAPECU1, correct?
    MAP-ECU Support

5. Default

Correct. MAP-ECU 1

I samples just fine now. But I sampled 3 times in a row on idle TPS and full throttle. And each time I got a different number.

20-40 point different for idle. And only 3-5 different for max. Example. 1st idles TPS same was 528, next was 536, and the third value was 542.

Could this be my TPS malfunctioning or is this common?

I also can not get the car to idle what so ever. I'm unsure if this is the base map being way off, or a TPS problem. As any change I made to the map didn't seem to do much towards getting the car to idle.

6. Default

Ok... so I have a decent idle now. But I'm still curious about the TPS reading differences.

Good to hear. It is quite common and is caused by slight variations in the TPS voltage but not enough to be material. For example, 1 point of difference is 0.001221V, i.e. not very much.
    MAP-ECU Support