Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jzs147 JDM 2jzgte help

You don't need to connect the yellow wire, that is the O2 input but because you have configured it to WB your wideband display will not work. You said previously you have connected the output of your wideband to the Orange MAF Input wire so you need to configure MAF Input to "WB". That should fix your problem.

If you used that wiring diagram and loaded one of the 2JZGTE JDM base tables you car should run normally with vacuum connected to the MAPECU3 MAP sensor and good RPM reading. Did you cut the PIM signal wire as per the diagram? Perhaps send us a screenshot of the MAPCAL Dashboard?

BTW, it seems you might have issues uploading the base tables or modifying settings. Did you install the USB drivers using the USB Driver install program on the latest CDROM? Check you don't see errors writing in the Status box in the bottom left of the MAPCAL screen.
    MAP-ECU Support

Smh, thanks a lot on the WB. I definitely didn't have that configured for WB, It is off.

I downloaded the USB installer from your website. the status bar shows reading data when connected to the ecu, and writing when I save a setting on the ecu configs. This picture shows the dashboard when the TPS was screwed up, so pay it no attention. Everything else shows the dash at idle.
    image.jpg

At the same time I've been really busy with work, haven't had a good day to really work on the car. I think if I put in more time I will complete the install within a good day. So I will take this information and do some work then get at you if I hav more questions. Thank you

Thanks. I noticed a couple of little things. You are getting TPS Enrichment, which might be caused by the fluctuating TPS. Until you figure out what is wrong with the TPS sensor, perhaps turn it off. Just thought I would check you have the TPS Input configured to "TPS"?

Also, go into the MAPCAL Configuration and check the box to Display MAF Table in Voltage. It will be easier to read than a number from 0 to 4095. The Fuel Output look right for a MAP sensor (2JZGTE JDM) fuel table.
    MAP-ECU Support

Hi Map man,
    I've gotten my setup where I need it besides my flex fuel, as well as a perfect tune if such a thing exists, anyways I am unable to use my LBR because my AFR is not reading properly for the MAP ECU. when my AEM WB gage reads 13/14.7 the map ECU is reading 17/18 and even 19 AFR. I have the signal wire from the gage wired into the ECU properly but no matter what sensor I chose in the configurations, I don't get an accurate or close reading so I am unable to set up my LBR. Is there an specific sensor I am supposed to use to get an accurate reading?

Wideband part# (AEM-35-8460)

Secondly, I am experiencing a change in my tune:/. It almost seems like the tune changes over night. A Buddy and I did a midnight tune on the freeway and Got my tune pretty close to what we are looking for but I was unable to complete it because due to the amount of cops that were out that night. Anyways, I was sitting at 10.5 full boost (need it as high as 11.5). 13.9 cruise and 14.7.8-15 Idle AFR that night I didn't experience any bugging out due to over fueling. The car handled my 14spi for the 50mis drive home on pump gas. The following afternoon I noticed that the AFT had suddenly changed on me and it wouldn't let me boost up like I did the night before. I understand that air temp do have an effect on the air fuel ratios but I don't think it should affect me that much that I can't boost like I did with the current tune. my Oem O2 sensor been disconnected this whole time and I am not getting a CEL so I didn't connect it back up. What would you recommend I do?

I've gotten my setup where I need it besides my flex fuel, as well as a perfect tune if such a thing exists, anyways I am unable to use my LBR because my AFR is not reading properly for the MAP ECU. when my AEM WB gage reads 13/14.7 the map ECU is reading 17/18 and even 19 AFR. I have the signal wire from the gage wired into the ECU properly but no matter what sensor I chose in the configurations, I don't get an accurate or close reading so I am unable to set up my LBR. Is there an specific sensor I am supposed to use to get an accurate reading?
    The LBR works but monitoring the voltage from your wideband. To do that, you need to set the correct wideband in MAPCAL so it tells the MAPECU3 what voltage to look for. Which wideband did you select in MAPCAL Configuration?

Secondly, I am experiencing a change in my tune:/. It almost seems like the tune changes over night. A Buddy and I did a midnight tune on the freeway and Got my tune pretty close to what we are looking for but I was unable to complete it because due to the amount of cops that were out that night. Anyways, I was sitting at 10.5 full boost (need it as high as 11.5). 13.9 cruise and 14.7.8-15 Idle AFR that night I didn't experience any bugging out due to over fueling. The car handled my 14spi for the 50mis drive home on pump gas. The following afternoon I noticed that the AFT had suddenly changed on me and it wouldn't let me boost up like I did the night before. I understand that air temp do have an effect on the air fuel ratios but I don't think it should affect me that much that I can't boost like I did with the current tune. my Oem O2 sensor been disconnected this whole time and I am not getting a CEL so I didn't connect it back up. What would you recommend I do?
    If you have disconnected all the OEM O2 sensors then the only possible cause is the IAT sensor, especially if you did tuning at night, when we assume it would cold? BTW, did you reset the OEM ECU after unplugging the OEM O2 sensors and before you started tuning?
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    The LBR works but monitoring the voltage from your wideband. To do that, you need to set the correct wideband in MAPCAL so it tells the MAPECU3 what voltage to look for. Which wideband did you select in MAPCAL Configuration?

I understand that. And I did that. I've tried the AEM 30-4000, AEM 30-3220.O2, and AEM 30-4100 and non of them reads correct. My can read 14.78 and the Ecu dash woudl tell either be searcjhing between RICH and LEAN or output 18.7 -19 AFR.

If you have disconnected all the OEM O2 sensors then the only possible cause is the IAT sensor, especially if you did tuning at night, when we assume it would cold? BTW, did you reset the OEM ECU after unplugging the OEM O2 sensors and before you started tuning?
    After unplugging the OEM O2 sensor, I did reset the ecu. But between when I did and when I got the car tuned was about three weeks and I was driving the car around within that time so it was used to a richer tune. I forgot to reset it the night i did the tune with my buddy, however it was fine. The next day it started running richer then the night before which is fine considering it was warmer but it was so bad That I couldn't boost up to 12 psi because it was dumping way too much fuel so I decided to re tune it from scratch with the warmer weather that's when I decided to reset the fuel trim by pulling the EFI fuse and the ecu lost the updated firmware.

I believe between FB messages and the forum you have the firmware back and it is running OK again. We are still baffled as they why pulling the EFI fuse will do something to the MAPECU3 because the MAPECU3 is powered from a switched +12V circuit and the EFI fuse only disconnects constant battery power to the OEM ECU. It is not even connected to the MAPECU3.

Are you sure you have all the OEM O2 sensors disconnected, front and rear?
    MAP-ECU Support