Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few question setting up 2JZGTE JDM Aristo and MAP ECU

1. Default A few question setting up 2JZGTE JDM Aristo and MAP ECU

I have a couple questions regarding setting up my MAP ECU (red).

1. I understand that if I want the full range (0-5V) instead of (0-4V) I use the orange wire than the yellow wire. Correct?

2. I should leave the stock O2 sensor wire intact for the stock aristo ECU. Correct?

3. Can you explain how the MAP ECU doesn't need BCC? I am a bit confused by that. (I have one to wire in, but if I don't need it, I would much rather sell it). I understand in another post (yes I read haha) that if you keep it below a certain voltage (4.3V) you won't have to worry. How does one do that? I am confused a bit by this.

4. The ECU can do nothing about speed cut correct? (is that an auto or manual aristo ecu issue).

Thanks,
    Alan
    Last edited by alansupra94; 2nd-July-2016 at 09:29 AM.

The old red MAPECU is pretty old now and does not have much functionality, especially compared to a ME3 for example, but I will try and answer your questions:
    1. If you want to display the full range of AFR from your wideband then yes, you would use the MAF input for O2. The ME3 does not have this limitation.
    2. Usually yes, especially OBD2. If you have an old OBD1 it can be a lot easier to tune if you disconnect the OEM O2 sensor(s) from the OEM ECU.
    3. All you have to do is make sure you do not enter a voltage in the fuel table greater than 4.3V. The old MAPECU uses numbers, so don't enter a value greater than 3522. The ME3 makes it easier as you enter voltages in the fuel table and there is a MAF clamp function.
    4. Correct. The MAPECU does not even have the speed cut function. The ME3 has speed cut and speed adjust.
    MAP-ECU Support

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    The old red MAPECU is pretty old now and does not have much functionality, especially compared to a ME3 for example, but I will try and answer your questions:
    1. If you want to display the full range of AFR from your wideband then yes, you would use the MAF input for O2. The ME3 does not have this limitation.
    2. Usually yes, especially OBD2. If you have an old OBD1 it can be a lot easier to tune if you disconnect the OEM O2 sensor(s) from the OEM ECU.
    3. All you have to do is make sure you do not enter a voltage in the fuel table greater than 4.3V. The old MAPECU uses numbers, so don't enter a value greater than 3522. The ME3 makes it easier as you enter voltages in the fuel table and there is a MAF clamp function.
    4. Correct. The MAPECU does not even have the speed cut function. The ME3 has speed cut and speed adjust.
    Perfect! I would love to get an M3 but I ended up getting this one from a friend.

For number 3, I assume that when I start nearing the upper limits of the duty cycle for the injectors (I am using 550cc), that I will hit boost cut whether I like to it or not (3522 value).

Thanks for answering so quickly btw!.

Also how would you wire in BCC controller? Won't it interfere with the MAP ECU tuning?
    Last edited by alansupra94; 9th-July-2016 at 09:11 AM.

If you keep the fuel table below 3522, you will not hit boost cut, but you will start getting lean when you run out of injector capacity. Being a 94 JDM I don't think you need a BCC as it only has a MAP sensor. If you had a USDM then you would use the MAPECU to replace the MAF sensor and you would need a BCC to clamp the MAP sensor.
    MAP-ECU Support

5. Default

If you keep the fuel table below 3522, you will not hit boost cut, but you will start getting lean when you run out of injector capacity. Being a 94 JDM I don't think you need a BCC as it only has a MAP sensor. If you had a USDM then you would use the MAPECU to replace the MAF sensor and you would need a BCC to clamp the MAP sensor.
    I know that the JDM aristo 2jzgte needs a BCC. Now if I wanted to use this BCC, how would I wire it in? The BCC will be wired into the MAP input for the stock ecu. Is it before or after the MAP ECU and does it clamping at 4.3V affect the MAP ECU'S functionality?

Also i was wondering if there is anyway for the MAP ECU to output how much boost it is seeing via a 0-5V (or similar) wire?
    Last edited by alansupra94; 21st-July-2016 at 01:08 AM.

I know that the JDM aristo 2jzgte needs a BCC. Now if I wanted to use this BCC, how would I wire it in? The BCC will be wired into the MAP input for the stock ecu. Is it before or after the MAP ECU and does it clamping at 4.3V affect the MAP ECU'S functionality?
    All the BCC does is clamp the signal wire to 4.3V so you have to put it on the MAPECU green wire output to do any good as the MAP sensor is built into the MAPECU. The BCC will do exactly the same thing as keeping the MAPECU fuel table values below 3522. You should also zero the TPS/MAP enrichment percentages so it doesn't exceed the 3522 value. That is something we just remembered.

Also i was wondering if there is anyway for the MAP ECU to output how much boost it is seeing via a 0-5V (or similar) wire?
    Sorry, no. There is no analog output from the MAPECU from the MAP sensor, but the fuel table is essentially what you are looking for with the JDM base table. The MAPECU fuel table is a vacuum/boost versus RPM voltage table. If you have the same voltage across all the RPM columns for any given pressure line, you get a 0-5V signal based on vacuum/boost. Take a look at the JDM base table and you will see what I mean.
    MAP-ECU Support

7. Default

All the BCC does is clamp the signal wire to 4.3V so you have to put it on the MAPECU green wire output to do any good as the MAP sensor is built into the MAPECU. The BCC will do exactly the same thing as keeping the MAPECU fuel table values below 3522. You should also zero the TPS/MAP enrichment percentages so it doesn't exceed the 3522 value. That is something we just remembered.

Sorry, no. There is no analog output from the MAPECU from the MAP sensor, but the fuel table is essentially what you are looking for with the JDM base table. The MAPECU fuel table is a vacuum/boost versus RPM voltage table. If you have the same voltage across all the RPM columns for any given pressure line, you get a 0-5V signal based on vacuum/boost. Take a look at the JDM base table and you will see what I mean.
    Ah okay so essentially I use the BCC or the MAP ECU, I get the same outcome when boost cut hits. That is what I thought from the beginning but wanted to confirm.

I only asked the second question to see if I could feed my Zetronic ZT-2 wideband a 0-5V signal for it to read boost. I will just have to run another 5 bar sensor.

I think I cleared up all my questions, thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

You are welcome.

Sorry, I think you will have to consult your Zetronic wideband manual about feeding it a MAP sensor signal. Most widebands seem to have that feature.
    MAP-ECU Support

9. Default

You are welcome.

Sorry, I think you will have to consult your Zetronic wideband manual about feeding it a MAP sensor signal. Most widebands seem to have that feature.
    Yeah its a pretty interesting unit. It also has some nice narrowband tuning features. I am looking forward to using this MAP ECU now. I am just curious to know what does that 3522 correspond to fuel injection duty wise. I already ordered 800cc SARD injectors since I don't think 550cc will cut it.

Yes, the 800cc injectors should give you some room for more boost.
    MAP-ECU Support