Thread: Help! Recently purchased New Old Stock MAPECU1. No software CD-ROM!?!!? Help!

Default Help! Recently purchased New Old Stock MAPECU1. No software CD-ROM!?!!? Help!

Hi there i have purchased a mapecu and did not come with software can i get a link to download it to get me started. Also plan on using this on a RB30E+Turbo so any advice/base maps would help cheers

Hi, welcome. You can download MAPCAL V2.3 and the PDF manuals from the Downloads>MAPCAL part of our website: http://www.mapecu.com/2014/05/mapcal/

I am not sure we have a base table for the RB30 but I know we have a RB25DET one for the MAPECU2/3. You might be able to adapt that table for the MAPECU depending on injector sizes, etc.
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Hi, welcome. You can download MAPCAL V2.3 and the PDF manuals from the Downloads>MAPCAL part of our website: http://www.mapecu.com/2014/05/mapcal/

I am not sure we have a base table for the RB30 but I know we have a RB25DET one for the MAPECU2/3. You might be able to adapt that table for the MAPECU depending on injector sizes, etc.
    Engine build is done now a hopefully tuning next week I'm running 450cc Mitsubishi injectors do I need to run resistors with low impendence injectors on map ecu? Do u no the size or type of fitting for IAT sensor i need to weld into my intercooler pipe (steel)? and which afr gauge can I use for tuning? Cheers
    Last edited by RBRDET; 15th-January-2017 at 08:48 PM.

The OEM ECU still fires the fuel injectors so you need to match the impedance of the original injectors. If the OEM injectors were high impedance, then you do need a ballast resistor.

The IAT thread is in the PDF manual, I believe is 1/8" NPT. I would not recommend installing in the intercooler pipe, we recommend you place it in cool air just before or after the air cleaner assuming you have a cold airbox setup. The intercooler pipe will suffer heat soak and upset the AFR's.

Any Wideband will work. There is a list of the ones we support connecting to the MAPECU wideband input to display AFR's in MAPCAL. The Innovate ones seem to work well.
    MAP-ECU Support