Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: updating maps for 2JZGTE 720CC

We have repaired your unit and it is ready for return. There were 2 bad ignition channels and a hole in the chip that drives the ignition channels. It might pay to check that none of the ignition output channels are connected to +12V or something similar. We have sent you an email with a picture of the blown chip and the cost for repairs and return freight.
    MAP-ECU Support

Thanks. I will be sure to check the wires.

Your unit is ready for return but we don't have your contact phone number so can I please ask you to reply to our last email with your number and also the case question. Thanks.
    MAP-ECU Support

We seem to have our email replies bounce. Here is our last email below:

Thank you for the prompt payment. We managed to massage the 720cc base table to work with an external GM 3-bar MAP sensor so it is loaded that way. We are not sure how well it will run untuned but it should be a start.

Also, we noticed the case had a ripped MAPECU2 label. We don’t have any brand new labels but found another case is good condition so swapped your case for one with a label. I trust that is agreeable.

Can you please email us a contact phone number for the freight documents? Info@mapecu.com
    MAP-ECU Support

Thanks. I responded. For some reason some of your mail gets sent to the junk folder automatically. Anyway, I’m good with swapping the case.

Got the package today and of course couldn’t wait to plug it up and try it. I connected The external map, and it cranked right up. Of course it won’t run for sh.. unless i turn Off the pump. It then smoothens out as the fuel pressure drops then shuts off. Unfortunately i loaned Out my laptop so will have to wait to pull fuel from the map.

Thank you for all the help you provided

Good to hear it arrived OK and now starts.
    MAP-ECU Support

I am Using a plug and play patch harness and will be using a maf elimination tune. Can i cut The orange wire that’s connected to the maf input and use it for launch control? Will be using the KVF for primary/secondary. Also using external map.

You sure can. You don’t need the MAF input connected for anything if you are in MAF Eliminate mode.
    MAP-ECU Support