Thread: USDM 2JZGTE 1000cc map needed

Default USDM 2JZGTE 1000cc map needed

Hey guys. As the title states I'm in need of a 1000cc map. The setup on the car is a 97 sc300 2jzge na-t. Stock longblock, stock 10:1 comp ,s366sxe, ffim, id1000, 450 walbro. I'm using a usdm 93 obd1 6spd tt ecu with map ecu 2 for fuel management with maf delete. Should I use the jdm 850cc map file and pull out the fuel difference and start from there? Or should i use a actual 1000cc map?

Sorry about the delay responding, we have been on reduced staff over our summer holidays. I believe the we only have a 850cc base table for a USDM on our website, not 1000cc. http://www.mapecu.com/2014/05/mapecu-base-tables. You cannot use a JDM base table as that replaces a MAP sensor, not a MAF sensor. Since you are using a 2JZGTE OEM ECU, you need to use the base tables and wiring for a 2JZGTE. The OEM ECU determines the wiring and base table.
    MAP-ECU Support

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Sorry about the delay responding, we have been on reduced staff over our summer holidays. I believe the we only have a 850cc base table for a USDM on our website, not 1000cc. http://www.mapecu.com/2014/05/mapecu-base-tables. You cannot use a JDM base table as that replaces a MAP sensor, not a MAF sensor. Since you are using a 2JZGTE OEM ECU, you need to use the base tables and wiring for a 2JZGTE. The OEM ECU determines the wiring and base table.
    Thank you for the response back mapecu man. Thanks for clearing the doubt I had. The only part that confused me was which mapcal to use since there is a jdm 850cc map cal and a u.s spec 850cc map cal file. Yes I'm using a usdm tt ecu with maf delete, and I did wire in the map ecu 2 per usdm wiring diagram. Installed resistor for iat at old maf connector etc. Just needed that cleared up other than that I seem to be on the right track. Thanks

Cool. The only thing I forgot to ask is how you handled the ignition side of the conversion. You said it is a 2jzge na-t engine with 2jzgte OEM ECU. The 2jzge has a distributor and the 2jzgte is coil on plug. Did you convert to CoP with the 2jzgte igniter?
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Cool. The only thing I forgot to ask is how you handled the ignition side of the conversion. You said it is a 2jzge na-t engine with 2jzgte OEM ECU. The 2jzge has a distributor and the 2jzgte is coil on plug. Did you convert to CoP with the 2jzgte igniter?
    I only wired in the fuel harness from the me2. I'm going to let the stock GTE ecu control timing. I'm using a factory supra gte igniter and tt coils for ignition. I just added a ground signal to the ge harness at the ecu connector to mimic the cps signal. So pretty much is setup like a 2jzgte

The only issue is the rpm pickup as the me2 collects rpm from the ignition signals. It is also much more noise tolerant than using the grey kvf input for rpm.
    MAP-ECU Support