Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General set up

I won’t bother with the learn mode but I still need to wire for the MAF intercept setting I’ll be running and don’t know what pins to connect the wires to. Can you still help me on that?
    The wiring diagram you linked to on the forum in an earlier post is already wired for MAF Intercept. You will see the MAF input and MAF output wires are connected to the VG signal and the wire is cut.

Would getting a base table help me? It doesn’t seem like one is necessary and I will simply be adding or subtracting when it comes to timing and fuel.
    The table you created and uploaded with the modifications we suggested will work OK for your setup. Zero the fuel table and you can add or subtract fuel by entering positive or negative numbers respectively. If you have the AFR Calibrator wired in, remember to configure the output connected to the AFR Calibrator as "AFR". If you wired as per the diagram you linked to, configure Analog Output #3 to AFR.
    MAP-ECU Support

1: When it comes to the wiring the main wiring diagram doesn’t show the yellow wire on the bottom right for the O2 sensor input and it also doesn’t the wiring for the provided IAT sensor (2 wires).

2: I provided a picture of my 16 pin plug for the mapecu3. I bought this unit used from someone who started to wire it and gave up. The 16 pin plug wire colors don’t correspond with the main wiring diagram. Counting from the top left (my 16 pin plug) the 5th wire is red and black but the diagram shows that wire is supposed to be in the 6th position on the top row. And the 5th wire that is supposed to be black and red and tied to the AFR calibrator is a black wire and tied to the provided IAT sensor. Please help!

I can’t express how grateful I am to have such a high level of support from here so thanks again.

Update:
    1: the IAT sensor should be tied together between pin 4 and 6. (Page 58 of manual)
    2: After going through the mapecu manual I discovered my plug is wired correctly and the original diagram for the wiring is wrong and off by one pin for the 5v AFR calibrator supply wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tempest151; 1st-February-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Figured it out

For anyone working on the 2TR-FE here is a link to the complete wiring diagram on a 2005+ 2nd generation Toyota Tacoma.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech.old/...SM/wiring.html

4F86FBAB-04A3-4C91-9128-99CC370B461C.jpg6ACB9139-1636-4D5B-8C22-F71E8FCB4BF6.jpg1929F974-75F8-4221-A88B-FF01B4DC0C38.jpg371C26E7-18A8-4DF4-9633-1675268BCE30.jpg12635A5D-2891-42F4-8CEE-7D7FB29EEC50.jpgSo I finally got my system wired in. The one thing I did thatís outside the box is that I wired in a 8 wire plug so I could quickly revert my ecu back to stock. I simply have to unplug the mapecu3 plugs and plug my plug together.
    Hereís some pictures of pulling the wiring down, mounting the mapecu3 and it wired stock. Keep in mind I havenít tied all the wires up yet so itís still very messy.

Problem: no tps and no a/f!!
    Car starts and runs and revs up no problem. I tried to calibrate the tps as the manual says. Car on not running and press “I” to sample input but it would just say zero. Even drives normal. My tbl with everything zeroed out loaded just fine too.
    I double checked the wiring and everything is cool and hooked up right. I’m at a loss here.
    Just to check I put it in maf intercept map y axis and it was displayed correctly.
    Last edited by Tempest151; 8th-February-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest151 View Post
    1: When it comes to the wiring the main wiring diagram doesnít show the yellow wire on the bottom right for the O2 sensor input and it also doesnít the wiring for the provided IAT sensor (2 wires).

2: I provided a picture of my 16 pin plug for the mapecu3. I bought this unit used from someone who started to wire it and gave up. The 16 pin plug wire colors donít correspond with the main wiring diagram. Counting from the top left (my 16 pin plug) the 5th wire is red and black but the diagram shows that wire is supposed to be in the 6th position on the top row. And the 5th wire that is supposed to be black and red and tied to the AFR calibrator is a black wire and tied to the provided IAT sensor. Please help!

I canít express how grateful I am to have such a high level of support from here so thanks again.

Update:
    1: the IAT sensor should be tied together between pin 4 and 6. (Page 58 of manual)
    2: After going through the mapecu manual I discovered my plug is wired correctly and the original diagram for the wiring is wrong and off by one pin for the 5v AFR calibrator supply wire.
    Sounds like you worked it out, great.
    MAP-ECU Support

4F86FBAB-04A3-4C91-9128-99CC370B461C.jpg6ACB9139-1636-4D5B-8C22-F71E8FCB4BF6.jpg1929F974-75F8-4221-A88B-FF01B4DC0C38.jpg371C26E7-18A8-4DF4-9633-1675268BCE30.jpg12635A5D-2891-42F4-8CEE-7D7FB29EEC50.jpgSo I finally got my system wired in. The one thing I did that’s outside the box is that I wired in a 8 wire plug so I could quickly revert my ecu back to stock. I simply have to unplug the mapecu3 plugs and plug my plug together.
    Here’s some pictures of pulling the wiring down, mounting the mapecu3 and it wired stock. Keep in mind I haven’t tied all the wires up yet so it’s still very messy.
    Sorry about the delay responding, that sounds like a sensible idea so you can disconnect easily.
    MAP-ECU Support

Problem: no tps and no a/f!!
    Car starts and runs and revs up no problem. I tried to calibrate the tps as the manual says. Car on not running and press “I” to sample input but it would just say zero. Even drives normal. My tbl with everything zeroed out loaded just fine too.
    I double checked the wiring and everything is cool and hooked up right. I’m at a loss here.
    Just to check I put it in maf intercept map y axis and it was displayed correctly.

Great, it starts and runs, well done! Have you configured the TPS input to “TPS”?
    MAP-ECU Support

I was just giving updates so no need to respond on the other post.

I didn’t configure the tps in the I/O to tps so I’ll do that now and see what’s up.

I’m still left with the issue of there not being any A/F displayed. I realized earlier that the bottom right yellow wire on the 16 pin plug (O2 sensor input) wasn’t in my diagram but after wiring the truck I didn’t connect it to anything. Where does it go?

On the AFR calibrator I have the wires going:
    Blue: VTA1
    Black:E1 (ground)
    White: purple wire on 18 pin connector (analog 3)
    Red: red/black wire on 16 pin connector (5v output)

Update. Turning on the tps worked so now I have tps and it’s calibrated. But still no a/f
    Wouldn't the yellow wire on the 16 pin connector (o2 input) need to be hooked up?
    Looking at the truck's schematics would I hook the yellow wire to the A1A- wire? tie it in or cut it to go to the mapecu only? Wiring is on page 93 of schematics link I posted
    Last edited by Tempest151; 10th-February-2019 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Update on tps/still no a/f

I was just giving updates so no need to respond on the other post.

I didn’t configure the tps in the I/O to tps so I’ll do that now and see what’s up.

I’m still left with the issue of there not being any A/F displayed. I realized earlier that the bottom right yellow wire on the 16 pin plug (O2 sensor input) wasn’t in my diagram but after wiring the truck I didn’t connect it to anything. Where does it go?

On the AFR calibrator I have the wires going:
    Blue: VTA1
    Black:E1 (ground)
    White: purple wire on 18 pin connector (analog 3)
    Red: red/black wire on 16 pin connector (5v output)

Update. Turning on the tps worked so now I have tps and it’s calibrated. But still no a/f
    Wouldn't the yellow wire on the 16 pin connector (o2 input) need to be hooked up?
    Looking at the truck's schematics would I hook the yellow wire to the A1A- wire? tie it in or cut it to go to the mapecu only? Wiring is on page 93 of schematics link I posted
    You will only see an AFR if you have a wideband connected to a MAPECU3 input configured to WB. You cannot get a AFR reading from the OEM sensors.

VTA1 does not sound right for the AFR Calibrator blue wire. VTA signals are usually the TPS signals. The AFR Calibrator is connected to A1A+ wire for the AFR sensor. Have a closer look at the wiring diagram as the blue wire does not connect to VTA1. The diagram has a small typo where A1A+ is shown as A1!+. You don’t use the AFR Calibrator yellow wire as you engine only has one sensor. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by MAP-ECU Man; 10th-February-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Corrected AFR wiring
    MAP-ECU Support