Thread: Supercharged IS300 AFR issues

Post Supercharged IS300 AFR issues

I recently bought the MAP ECU3 to help with the fuel management on my 04 IS, It was running a bit rich with no management system so I figured this was my only chance to get it running right. Is it possible to use my stock ECU to run everything and have the ME3 just run my fuel management? Im guessing I would need a wideband 02 Sensor so the ME3 can adjust to the in and out AFR. Ive tried tinkering with it with no luck and didnt find anything in the manual about this particular set up.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IS300 View Post
    I recently bought the MAP ECU3 to help with the fuel management on my 04 IS, It was running a bit rich with no management system so I figured this was my only chance to get it running right. Is it possible to use my stock ECU to run everything and have the ME3 just run my fuel management? Im guessing I would need a wideband 02 Sensor so the ME3 can adjust to the in and out AFR. Ive tried tinkering with it with no luck and didnt find anything in the manual about this particular set up.
    I'd load up one of the base maps and start adjusting from there. That's how I did mine.

Quote Originally Posted by StainedBedSheets View Post
    I'd load up one of the base maps and start adjusting from there. That's how I did mine.
    Ive tried the base maps and adjusted the values, but im having issues with the fuel. Its running super rich and when I adjust the fuel trims it just starts and stalls. Did you have any form of forced air induction installed and if so what was the method you used to get proper AFR? Car runs great at idle, when I give it gas it revs, but after the rpm's go down it goes into a almost drag car lobe after the first rev. Im thinking I need a wide band to get a real reading of AFR in and AFR out to set my fuel trim more accurately.

You should never attempt any tuning without a wideband. I’m sorry but I cannot understand how you have contemplate such a project without one. I also don’t understand how you adjusted the fuels trims? You can’t do that as the OEM ECU generates the fuel trims.
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    You should never attempt any tuning without a wideband. I’m sorry but I cannot understand how you have contemplate such a project without one. I also don’t understand how you adjusted the fuels trims? You can’t do that as the OEM ECU generates the fuel trims.
    I miss spoke about the Fuel trims, but you did answer my main question of using a Wideband, im new to this and there is alot of miss information out there on the web. Also no tuning shop ive contacted has ever used or wants to use the MAP ECU for tuning. They all laughed and said good luck basically. I printed the whole manual and studied it for quite some time, I just have to wrap my head around what I need in order to properly tune my IS.

I think I should warn you that the IS300 will be a very difficult first tune for someone new to this. The OEM ECU is very fussy about how it is tuned and you really need a OBD2 scanner to read the fuel trims. This paper might help with the concept of closed loop tuning and watching fuel trims. I know it is not for the MAPECU, but the concept is similar. It is written by one of our partner organisations who sell MAPECU, URD USA: http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf
    MAP-ECU Support