Thread: Trying to narrow down a few quirks

Default Trying to narrow down a few quirks

My main issue that I am having is on part throttle. Cruising at a constant throttle input seems work very well, as the wideband is showing 14's. On decel, I am having trouble with the injectors not shutting off quick enough.

As soon as I lift the pedal all the way to decel, the wideband will hold in the 14's for a second, then richen up into the 13's, 12's, then 11's, then lean back out gradually until the wideband pegs full lean a few seconds later. Upon getting back into the throttle usually you can hear the car backfire, which is giving me the notion that the injectors are not being shut off fast enough.

Currently my TPS min and max voltages reflect the pedal all the way out and all the way pressed in. I have read other people playing wtih their throttle position voltages to eliminate some throttle tip in issues, but I honestly do not seem to be having many issues with tip-in.

Wide open throttle operation works very well. I am getting mid 11's on air/fuel at 15psi, and I couldn't be happier with how easy it was to be able to achieve that.

Car is '94 Supra Turbo
    Map ECU 2.2
    Stock injectors
    Aeromotive regulator
    Walbro Pump
    T67
    PLX Wideband

Any help is appreciated!

Without seeing your fuel table and being in the car it is difficult to provide an answer but I can give you some suggestions. When you take your foot off the gas you will see maximum vaccum and you may in fact see more vacuum than the table is configured for. The MAP-ECU will maintain the voltage output on the lowest vacuum zones regardless of how much vacuum is measured. It is possible the voltage in the fuel zones at maximum vacuum are too high and therefore not hitting the threshold to cut the injectors. Perhaps you could try pulling those values down to see if that helps? TPS min/max will not help as the issue is with the OEM ECU not cutting fuel.
    MAP-ECU Support

That definitely makes sense. I guess my next question is how would I go about changing the pressure scale? In version 2.2 there is no way to change it through the software that I am aware of, and am unsure if i can even change the scale by manually editing the tbl file.

The only way to change the MAP-ECU pressure scale is by obtaining a special build of the firmware from us and reflashing the MAP-ECU. It will also make you incompatible with standard tables. Sorry, not as easy as the MAP-ECU2.
    MAP-ECU Support