Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WTF...just happened?

Oh, OK. You need to get the laptop to connect to the MAP-ECU2 as per my previous post. Press Connect and when the Yes/Cancel box appears, select Yes. If you get the Yes/No/Cancel box then select No. Once the data is loaded and the Status Box says "Reading Data" then you can save the .tbl file and upload it to the Forum.
    MAP-ECU Support

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    Oh, OK. You need to get the laptop to connect to the MAP-ECU2 as per my previous post. Press Connect and when the Yes/Cancel box appears, select Yes. If you get the Yes/No/Cancel box then select No. Once the data is loaded and the Status Box says "Reading Data" then you can save the .tbl file and upload it to the Forum.
    Ah, I can do that ...ok when I get to the shop in the morning I'll get that handled

Heres the table, straight from the ME2
    Attached Files Attached Files

That looks OK to me. RPM sensing should be via the White wire on the 16-Way connector (above the +12V Red wire) with the jumper plug between 1-2 on J6.

If the Tach signal is just 5V then you can feed it into Channel 1 of the 18-Way timing signals (White wire also) and set it to MAP-ECU2 mode (J6: 2-3) and the igniter configuration to 6 Cylinder Distributor. Anything is worth a try at this stage!
    MAP-ECU Support

That looks OK to me. RPM sensing should be via the White wire on the 16-Way connector (above the +12V Red wire) with the jumper plug between 1-2 on J6.

If the Tach signal is just 5V then you can feed it into Channel 1 of the 18-Way timing signals (White wire also) and set it to MAP-ECU2 mode (J6: 2-3) and the igniter configuration to 6 Cylinder Distributor. Anything is worth a try at this stage!
    LOL.....yeah, I hear ya

LOL.......ok, I've got Tach on the Dashboard now and the car fires and runs and I still have rpms on my scanner, But...........now I lost Tach signal to my factory tachometer. Man, this car is kickin my butt. But now at least I can tune the car and get it ready for Fri night

This is way weird, especially since it was working before. What did you do to get the RPM reading on the MAP-ECU2?

All I can suggest is that the MAP-ECU2 is loading the Tach signal down so your dash tach does not register it anymore or the wire is broken from all the re-wiring.

The sooner we get you reading RPM from the ignition signals the better!

Remind me what is holding you up from doing that?
    MAP-ECU Support

This is way weird, especially since it was working before. What did you do to get the RPM reading on the MAP-ECU2?

All I can suggest is that the MAP-ECU2 is loading the Tach signal down so your dash tach does not register it anymore or the wire is broken from all the re-wiring.

The sooner we get you reading RPM from the ignition signals the better!

Remind me what is holding you up from doing that?
    I changed it to ME-2 and moved the pins 2-3 and now it fires and runs pretty good for not being tuned, as for the tachometer.......I'll deal with that sometime later this week I can always run an aftermarket for now NBD.........When I find what the actual problem was or is I'll post it up