Thread: MAP ECU version ?

Default MAP ECU version ?

Iam unsure which model of MAP ECU i have bought ? how can i check it and if its a verion 1 i need some kind of way to upgrade it to the newer releses ?

Thanx in advance

There is no real way to check from the outside, but we can usually tell from the serial number. Please provide the serial number and we can let you know.

There are only 2 versions of firmware, the early V2.1 version which was only used on the very early units, and the firmware that works on V2.2 and V2.3.
    MAP-ECU Support

Ok where is the serienumber printed there is a white paper label but only the three last digit can be read and they are 633.

thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    There is no real way to check from the outside, but we can usually tell from the serial number. Please provide the serial number and we can let you know.

There are only 2 versions of firmware, the early V2.1 version which was only used on the very early units, and the firmware that works on V2.2 and V2.3.

We assume it is something like 10633 which will be the latest firmware. Use V2.3 or V2.2 of MAP-CAL.

BTW, there is another serial number on the PCB inside the unit. If you undo the 4 screws on the side with the serial connector the PCB will slide out of the case.
    MAP-ECU Support

Thumbs up

Will do many thanx for the fast and good answers on this :-) much appricated.

I took a look inside and it was infact serialnr:10633 :-) so then its cool :-).
    Many thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by MAP-ECU Man View Post
    We assume it is something like 10633 which will be the latest firmware. Use V2.3 or V2.2 of MAP-CAL.

BTW, there is another serial number on the PCB inside the unit. If you undo the 4 screws on the side with the serial connector the PCB will slide out of the case.

Default Serial 10032.

I have serial 10032 and need a mapcal version that will work with it. I have tried 2.2 and 2.3 and they say incompatible mapecu.

Thanks

We emailed you a copy of V2.1.1.7. If you have not received it please check your spam folder.
    MAP-ECU Support

MAP-ECU Support