Thread: FJO reading in ME2 is off

Default FJO reading in ME2 is off

Hello,

I have noticed that my Fjo reading at idle (not sure about the rest since I can't drive and pay attention to both of FJO display and laptop) at idle my ME2 main page and logging page are off/leaner by .3, in other words if my FJO display shows 15.0 ME2 would show 15.3.

I opened up the lookup table (latest version) and compared it with the voltage table that comes with FJO manual there are some minor differences in voltages/lambada.

Map ECU man, would you please check on that and let me know if I need to modify the lookup table.

thanks a million

Ahmed

Can you please provide a link to the FJO manual you are looking at so we use the right one. We used the FJO spreadsheet values so it must have changed.
    MAP-ECU Support

here is the link

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WB...%20rev%20C.pdf

or

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/downloads.php and click on User Manual [Revision C]

thanks

Ahmed

We think the best idea is to configure the FJO output to 0-5V and use the PLX lookup table. That way you are using a linear lookup table that should not have any errors.
    MAP-ECU Support

I wish I can do that, my FJO is the one that is not programmable or there is no way of connecting it to the PC to program the analog output to anything other that its default (.5v-4.5v)

what if I copy all of the legacy voltage and it's lambada from the FJO table and make a lockup table out of that, which means I will have to have 25 different lambada and O2 voltage output or that's too much.

thanks

Ahmed

Here is a modified table to the FJO Legacy values (FJO_new.o2) in the manual you pointed us too. We are a little confused with your comment that your FJO is defaulted to the 0.5V to 4.5V scale. The manual says one channel is defaulted to FJO Legacy and the other is defaulted to 0.5V to 4.5V.

Edit: We created a 0.5V - 4.5V table as well, FJO_analog2.o2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MAP-ECU Man; 4th-May-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added 0.5V - 4.5V file
    MAP-ECU Support

first of all thanks a million for the two tables Map Man,

secondly, you recommended that I use the analog output and program it to 0-5 volts, and I simply said that I can't do that because the FJO that I got does not allow me to hook it up to a PC to program it to what you recommended (0v-5v) instead I can only use it at its default voltage which is (0.5v-4.5v).

in any cases, you were kind enough to provide me with both options, which by far is more than what I could ask for.

much appreciated.

Ahmed

update,

I tried the new fjo lookup table (legacy output) and it was still a bit off, so I went ahead and used the other analog output as you previously suggest Map man (obviously along with the lookup table you provided and it worked perfectly. I mean it was spot on.

thanks Map Ecu man.

Ahmed

That is good news. Your legacy output must be different to the table. If you want to figure it out, check the O2 Sensor input voltage on the Dashboard to see what it reads compared to the legacy table.
    MAP-ECU Support