Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: does TPS or Boost enrichment work with MAF intercept

I think the MAF Output = 0 function is only selectable in MAF intercept mode. I don't see it available in any other window. (I am using maf intercept mode)

I did a firmware upgrade and am now able to see changes is tps enrichment on the dashboard (its set at 75 now). Although I still get the same error message about parameters being incorrect. It does seem to be working as there is a noticeable difference in power. Silly question, what prevents the stock ecu from just trimming out the effects of tps enrichment?

Back to the firmware upgrade, during the upgrade are the injectors supposed to buzz and click during the upgrade?

Thanks for all the support you have provided.

~Zac

It could be another value, check the settings compared to the recommended range on the ECU Configuration screen. If MAF Out RPM=0 is invalid, temporarily select MAF Elimination mode, change the MAF Out RPM=0 value and then change back to MAF Intercept mode. Only press OK on the ECU Configuration screen after you have done all that. It will not cause a problem but it would be nice to fix the error. If you still have trouble upload a screen print of your ECU Configuration screen to the forum.

You needed the firmware upgrade to enable TPS enrichment in Intercept mode, it is all done in the MAP-ECU2. The OEM ECU will not trim it out because it is short term enrichment, it is not constant.

The buzzing is normal. You would have seen the LED's flashing different patterns during a firmware upgrade. The LED's are shared with the switched outputs. That is one of the reasons you don't want the engine running during a firmware upgrade.
    MAP-ECU Support

10-4 I will continue working with it.

Thank you

~Zac

I checked the maf out rpm = 0 in the maf elimination mode and the value was zero. I still get the same error message. Should I try to change the value or go another route?

~Zac

Hi Zac, can you please upload your .tbl file from your MAP-ECU2 so we can take a look?
    MAP-ECU Support

Default Finally back to work on this truck

Attached is the TBL file.

~Zac
    Attached Files Attached Files

The error message was coming up because there were two knock parameters set to 0 when they need to be 1 or greater. This file is fixed.

BTW, V3.2.2 on the website is the latest that supports TPS enrichment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MAP-ECU Support

Thank you Sir!

I only see the old version available under the support tab for the MAP ECU2.

Is there another place to get it?

MAP-CAL2 V3.2.2 is available for download under Support>MAP-CAL. What version are you looking for?
    MAP-ECU Support